The Health Office works to ensure a healthy school environment. Many students and families are concerned about when students should stay home or attend school. To protect other students and staff, parents should keep children home from school when they have any of the following conditions:
- Fever greater than 100°F in the past 24-hours (before fever reducing medications are given) or if child feels ill or is unable to participate in normal daily activities.
- Diarrhea or vomiting within the past 24-hours.
- Rash with fever or behavior change that is undiagnosed.
- Untreated head lice.
- Eye drainage or painful, itchy, reddened eyes as with pink eye (conjunctivitis).
- Undiagnosed coughing or yellow/green mucous coming from nose or mouth.
Follow this link to find parent fact sheets related to contagious health conditions: Contagious Health Conditions Fact Sheets.