YACA (also called Yinghua Academy Foundation) helps support many aspects of Yinghua Academy’s mission. Fundraising through YACA provides funding for the school and supports school community-building activities. YACA focuses on offering fundraisers that serve our parents and teachers.
For more information about Yinghua Academy fundraising, please see https://www.yinghuaacademy.org/donate-2/.
Here are the three major annual fundraisers organized by our parent association to gather resources for the school.
- Fall Read-A-Thon – A rewarding academic experience that challenges students to read a specified number of minutes and raise a suggested dollar amount from sponsors. All participants receive an award. Special recognition is given to the individuals and classes who are the top readers and top fundraisers in three grade divisions each year.
- Fall/Spring Book Fair – Proceeds from our biannual book fairs help the school to refresh our library and classroom collections. Your shopping earns the school “points” which we can use to purchase books from vendors such as Scholastic, China Sprout, and Usborne. Students and parents also enjoy purchasing the books on teachers’ wish lists.
- Spring Ying-Fling – Ying-Fling is a spring gala raising funds for the school through a silent and live auction. It’s a party for the grownups and a chance for teachers and parents to celebrate the wonder of our terrific school.
In addition, the school development office and School Board raise funds through these major annual fundraisers:
- Give to the Max Day A Thursday in November when nonprofits organize email campaigns and mini-events to raise awareness and money for good causes. The sponsoring organization, GiveMN, organizes publicity and issues hourly prizes to the organizations that participate. Parents help increase our odds of winning a GiveMN cash prize making donations of their own. Members of the School Board often organize a challenge or match to encourage giving.
- The Red Envelope letter campaign takes place around the time of Chinese New Year. This is our largest appeal of the school year and has been in place since the founding of the school in 2006.
YACA also coordinates these programs which earn funds and add to school spirit:
2-3 times per year Spirit Wear Sales – Unique Yinghua Academy (YA) clothing/merchandise for students, staff, and parents with a percentage of sales returning to the school! Older merchandise is for sale in the school office. New merchandise can be ordered on special occasions (K Playdate, Meet Your Teacher, Grandparents Day, Chinese New Year, & etc.). On designated days, students may wear a spirit wear top instead of the blue or red uniform top!
August/May Used Uniform and Chinese Heritage Clothing Sales – Held twice per year usually in August and May. The Uniform and Chinese Heritage Clothing Sale accepts new and used uniform and Chinese heritage clothing donations from Yinghua families and offers them at only $2 per item at the sale. 100% of the proceeds are kept for YACA/Yinghua Academy. This is a great way to re-use, get a great deal on uniform pieces, and support Yinghua.
Ongoing Box Tops for Education – Clip Box Tops for cash. Purchase everyday items in stores or online through the General Mills Box Top website, and earn cash from the sale to go to YA. Learn more and register at http://www.boxtops4education.com/. These funds help supplement our YACA budget.
Ongoing Mabel’s Labels – This label company will donate to Yinghua every time you make a purchase. These labels are great for coats, water bottles, books and the like. Mabel’s Labels. Stock up on Mabel’s Labels. Well-labeled items are easier to return to students–label everything! Yinghua receives a donation when you place an order.
Ongoing Office Depot gives 5% back in credits to Yinghua on qualifying purchases. Use the Yinghua ID: 70212229: http://www.officedepot.com/a/content/back-to-school/5percent/. Funds raised help to offset our classroom and office supply budget.
Ongoing Parkway Pizza Fundraiser Days – Parkway Pizza donates to Yinghua 5% of all take-out, delivery and dine-in orders on the 4th Tuesday of every month during the school year. Parkway Pizza, 2851 Johnson St NE, Minneapolis. Parkway Pizza. Funds raised help support YACA programming for all Yinghua families, teachers and students.
Ongoing MightyNest for Schools
Anyone who purchases home and family goods on the MightyNest.com site can chose Yinghua Academy as a donation recipient so we can receive a 15% donation. MightyNest is an online shopping destination for healthy products for families.
Ongoing GoodshopGive and Goodsearch
From the site https://www.goodsearch.com clickthe GoodshopGive tab and then enter Yinghua Academy after clicking the green Support a Cause button. Select Yinghua from the list and then click the red Go Shopping button. You should see on your screen that Yinghua is the cause you’re supporting. Likewise, you can earn money for Yinghua by using the Goodsearch engine for web searches.