YACA contributes to the school by building community among Yinghua families, fundraising for students and parent education, and coordinating volunteer needs.
ALL SCHOOL EVENTS & FUNDRAISERS
- Teacher Appreciation/Confucius Day/Mid Autumn Moon Festival
- Parkway Pizza Days – Every 4th Tuesday @ the Johnson St. location 5% of sales goes to Yinghua!
- Guest Speakers at General Membership Meetings
- Chinese New Year
- Book Fair
- School ToolBox Sale
- Field Day/Last Day of School
- Meet Your Teacher/YACA Family Picnic
- Used Uniform Sale
- Spirit Wear – Grab some SWAG in the front office!
- Summer Play Dates
- Mabel’s Labels
- School Boxtops – Clip General Mills box tops for cash. Purchase your everyday items online through the general mills box top website, and earn cash from the sale to go to YA. Learn more and register at http://www.boxtops4education.com/
- Grandparents Day: One of the important cultural events at Yinghua Academy is our celebration of Grandparents’ Day (重阳敬老节) which is tied to the Chinese Elders’ Day celebration on the ninth day of the ninth lunar month. This festival is also known as “Double Ninth Day,”(重阳节) and the date is special because the word for the number nine in Chinese is a homonym for longevity. Overall, the holiday encourages young people to respect their grandparents and elders. At Yinghua, we celebrate “Double Ninth Day” because we know that grandparents and other role models are critical to students’ success in school and in life. Families with grandparents living abroad or very far away are welcome to invite an elder family member or elder friend of the family, for instance, in lieu of a grandparent. We are not able to include Yinghua parents as guests unless a grandparent needs assistance for mobility or special needs or the parent is serving as an event volunteer worker.
– Map/Parking Grandparents’ Day
– Submit Grandparents’ Day Addresses