Many employers match charitable contributions made by their employees, and in some cases will also match donations made by spouses, retirees and board members. Some companies will give double or even triple the original donation. Companies may also provide significant financial matching gifts for employees’ volunteer efforts at our school!
While many, many employers do support charities through matching gifts, it takes employee initiative to get the information from the company and submit the match request. Procedures vary with each company. We recommend:
- Check with your company’s human resources, intranet, or payroll department to see whether it offers a matching gift.
- Ask for donation guidelines and a list of eligible charities if your company does offer a matching gift program.
- Submit any forms your employer requires
- Talk to Jennifer Olsen, HR/Business Manager at Yinghua, for more information
- Both Yinghua Academy and the Yinghua Academy Foundation (dba YACA) are 501 c(3) charitable organizations
Listed below are some local businesses and organizations known to offer corporate matching programs. (This is not a comprehensive list –please do check with your employer if they are not listed here):
A corporate match is a quick and easy way to increase the impact of your financial and volunteer contributions to Yinghua. Thank you for checking with your employer! A few minutes of investigation can go a long way in helping the school amplify its donations.