Yinghua relies on the support of its families to sustain the best possible learning environment for students and teachers. Volunteering is a great way for you to make a difference in your child’s school. Volunteering is a give-and-gain experience: Center for School Change: 50 Ways to Give, Gain from Volunteering with Schools.
Yinghua asks each parent or guardian to donate 4 volunteer hours per year. You can make your mark on our community by giving a few hours of your time every now and then, prepping project materials for a classroom from your home or helping with lunch or recess duty on a regular basis.
- A background check form must be completed by parent volunteers every five years. Download and print the form here: Background Check Form. YACA covers the fee for this process for volunteers who are parents or legal guardians of currently-enrolled Yinghua students and others (such as grandparents) on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are not a parent or legal guardian of a currently enrolled Yinghua student, please send your completed Background Check Form with a $20 check to Yinghua Academy. For privacy reasons, Yinghua contracts with an outside company to process forms. Mail your materials to the school or drop them off in the main office: 1616 Buchanan Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413.
Increase Your involvement
If you are looking for a way to become more engaged in projects or larger scope, please consider the following:
- Here are a few volunteer roles: field trip chaperones, lunch helpers, library helpers, book fair set-up/tear down, donating meals and snacks for teachers on special occasions, washing clothes and organizing our Used Uniform Sales, distributing School Tool Boxes, helping with Picture Day, helping with Field Day. Fill out our questionnaire, submit the paperwork above, and the Volunteer Coordinator will help you find a place to serve at Yinghua. Contact email@example.com with questions and to learn more.
- Ways you can help right now! Details and Sign-up Here
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to contribute to Chinese cultural events at Yinghua.
- Contact the email@example.com if you are interested in helping with YACA fundraising efforts.
- Join the YACA Board to be part of the team that plans and guides engagement for the parents of Yinghua. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Run for a seat on the School Board to use your professional skills to help govern Yinghua Academy.