Yinghua relies on the support of its families to sustain the best possible learning environment for students and teachers. Volunteering is a great way for you to make a difference in your child’s school. Yinghua asks each parent or guardian to donate 4 volunteer hours per year. You can make your mark on our community by giving a few hours of your time every now and then, prepping project materials for a classroom from your home or helping with lunch or recess duty on a regular basis.
- A background check form must be completed by parent volunteers every five years. Download and print the form here: Background Check Form.
- Provide a $20 check written out to Yinghua Academy for the background check to be performed. For privacy reasons, Yinghua contracts with an outside company for this. Mail your materials to the school or drop them off in the main office: 1616 Buchanan Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413.
Increase Your involvement
If you are looking for a way to become more engaged in projects or larger scope, please consider the following:
- Here are a few examples of the way you can volunteer…recess and/or lunch helper, set-up/tear down for the bookfair, meals for teachers on special occasions, sell used uniforms, distribution of School Toolbox kits, help on picture day, field day station leader, etc. Fill out questionnaire, submit the paperwork above, and the Volunteer Coordinator will help you find a place to serve at Yinghua. You can also contact Renee Cosgrove directly if you have a specific area you want to participate.
- Ways you can help right now! Details and Sign-up Here
- Contact Wynee Igel on how to contribute to Chinese cultural events at Yinghua.
- Email the YACA Board Secretary if you are interested in helping with YACA fundraising efforts.
- Join the YACA Board to be part of the team that plans and guides engagement for the parents of Yinghua. Please contact YACA’s Secretary, Julie Phillips.
- Run for a seat on the School Board to use your professional skills to help govern Yinghua Academy.