Thank you for your interest in Yinghua Academy! Follow the link to see the results of the 2021-2022 Lottery Results and Waitlist.
- Printable application form: 2021-2022 Student Application
- Online application form: 2021-2022 Student Application (not active until 1/4/2021)
School tours are on hold during the pandemic. Share your contact information here so that we may alert you when we resume offering school tours: Share your contact information.
Find further information at Visit Yinghua. We welcome you and look forward to meeting you!
Below are enrollment-related documents and dates and other important information about the application and enrollment processes.
2021-2022 Enrollment (upcoming school year)
- January 4 through February 24, 2021: Open Enrollment period for the 2021-2022 school year. There is no advantage to turning in an application earlier during the open period. Applications are not accepted for the 2021-2022 school year until January 4, 2021.
- January 28, 2020, Open House parent information session on Zoom, 6:30-8 p.m.
- February 20, 2021: Open House parent information session on Zoom, 10-11:30 a.m.
- February, 24 2021: Open Enrollment closes, 5 p.m.
- February 27, 2021: Enrollment Lottery, 10-10:30 a.m.
- Kindergarten Roundup typically takes place in April. The 2021 Roundup date has not yet been set.
- An orientation for new families typically takes place in August. The August 2021 date has not yet been set.
2020-2021 Enrollment (current year)
- YA-010-Admissions Policy 1.21.2020
- Student Application 2020-2021 (current year) The first day you could submit an application for the 2020-21 school year was Thursday, January 2, 2020, which was the first day our 2020-21 Open Enrollment period. There is no advantage to turning in an application earlier rather than later during the open period. Applications were not accepted for the 2020-2021 school year until January 2, 2020.
- 2020-2021 Lottery Results and Waitlist, updated 2-5-2021
- 2020-21 Available Enrollment
Lottery: When the number of applications is greater than the Board-approved capacity for any grades, we hold a lottery during a public meeting at Yinghua Academy. Based on the lottery, some applicants are offered the opportunity to enroll. The other applicants are placed on a waiting list. After the close of the Open Enrollment period, Yinghua Academy continues to accept applications for all grades. If there is no space available in a specific grade, the applicant is added to the waiting list.
Enrollment Preference: Yinghua Academy adheres to YA-010-Admissions Policy, linked above. Per section 7 a-c: Siblings of enrolled students and children of Yinghua staff may receive enrollment preference. If the school receives the appropriately completed application of a sibling of a currently enrolled student by the Open Enrollment deadline, the applicant is admitted automatically; this is true even when the admission and enrollment result in the school exceeding a grade-level Board-approved capacity. If the school receives the appropriately completed application of a child of a Yinghua staff member, the applicant is admitted automatically; this is true even when the admission and enrollment result in the school exceeding a grade-level Board-approved capacity.
Kindergarten Enrollment: Prospective students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the year in which they begin kindergarten.
Receipt of Application: Applications may be submitted via postal mail (Registrar, Yinghua Academy, 1616 Buchanan Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413) or online. Applications received via email or fax will not be accepted. Due to the school closure in response to Covid-19, delivery in person is by appointment. Connect with the registrar to make an appointment for in-person delivery: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Discrimination: Yinghua Academy does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, nor any other protected class. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities, special needs, and limited English proficiency.
If you have been offered an enrollment spot, please write to Yinghua Registrar Renee Cosgrove to confirm that you have received her message and to connect with her regarding the details of completing and returning your enrollment packet: email@example.com.