|Updated on: 6/10/22||# of confirmed cases without exposure at school||#of confirmed cases with exposure at school||Classes with confirmed cases in the last week|
|Students||0||4||1D, 2A, 4A, 6D|
The school’s Covid-19 dashboard is updated on Fridays by 12 p.m. Data is based on active situations from the previous Friday at 12 p.m. through the current Friday 12 p.m. Previous Weeks.
ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE GUIDELINES
- The school will follow MDH Isolation Guidelines for any positive Covid cases reported.
- Families are strongly encouraged to follow MDH Quarantine Guidelines for anyone identified as a close contact and will be asked to test for Covid according to the recommendations.
- We will continue to offer a “Test to Stay” option for students not fully vaccinated.
- Any family that needs a Covid antigen home test may request one from the health office.
- If there is a positive case within a class, all families in that class and grade level will be notified, along with current recommendations. Specific close contact notifications will no longer be sent out.
- If there is more than one case in the same classroom, all students in the class will be encouraged to wear masks temporarily.
- Optional weekly Covid testing will remain in place as long as funding continues.
What to do if you have a sick family member:
- To decide if you or your child needs to stay home due to possible Covid-19 symptoms, please click here.
- Notify the school by completing an Absence Report or contacting Ginger Hao directly: email@example.com.
- The health office will send you information regarding school work if your child is in isolation or quarantine due to Covid.
- Contact Ginger Hao immediately with any test results and provide documentation to the school.
- It is highly recommended, but not required, that all staff and eligible students receive the Covid-19 vaccination. For more information click here.
- Unvaccinated staff must test weekly.
- Masking is optional starting March 30th, 2022. This may change if Covid case counts increase.
Other Mitigation Strategies
- Teachers will implement three feet physical distancing between students whenever possible.
- K-5th grade students will eat lunch in their classrooms.
- 5th grade homeroom teachers will teach math, Chinese, and social studies to minimize class movement.
- 6th grade students will eat in the cafeteria at a separate time from 7th and 8th grade students, who will also eat in the cafeteria.
- All families should check their children for signs of illness before leaving home to come to school. Click here for a Covid-19 screening guide.
- Please keep all sick children home. Unvaccinated siblings should also stay home if your child has Covid-like symptoms until Covid is ruled out.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located at each entrance door for student/staff use.
- Students and staff will wash and disinfect hands throughout the day.
- Facilities staff will disinfect surfaces throughout the day and monitor air quality measures.
- Health Office Staff will wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and will isolate students with possible infectious symptoms.
- Please report any family exposure to Covid-19 to the Health Office. The school must report all diagnosed cases of school staff or students to MDH.
- In order to ensure continuity of educational services, students at home for isolation or quarantine will have access to daily assignments.
- We highly recommend students wear masks while riding on school buses.
- Students will have assigned seats on the bus.
Aftercare and Athletics
- We will be offering aftercare, enrichment classes, and athletics with Covid precautions in place.
- The school asks all families and staff to follow CDC travel guidelines when traveling, especially out of the country. Please report absences due to extended travel using the family extended absence form.
Covid-19 Definitions to Know
- Close Contact: In general, a close contact means being less than 6 feet from someone for 15 minutes or more throughout a 24-hour period. This may exclude students in an indoor classroom from quarantine when both the case and close contact were wearing a well-fitting mask during the time of exposure.
- Quarantine: An individual is staying home due to a sick family member, a family member/close contact who is awaiting Covid-19 test results, or due to close contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Isolation: An individual is staying home due to Covid infection and is either completing a 5-10 day isolation period.
- Confirmed Covid-19 Case without Exposure at School: An individual who tested positive for Covid-19, but due to the timing of the individual’s last day in the school building and onset of symptoms, was not considered infectious while at school. This is based on the MN Department of Health’s guidelines and current research that shows a person is most contagious for Covid-19 forty-eight hours before the onset of symptoms and while symptomatic. This is also related to the incubation period for Covid-19 before symptoms start. People are not immediately contagious upon contracting Covid-19 from someone else.
- Confirmed Covid-19 Case with Exposure at School: An individual who tested positive for Covid-19 and was considered infectious while in the school building. These cases are reported to MDH for the purposes of contact tracing at the school.
Procedure for Email Notification to Families
In addition to the weekly Dashboard notifications, the school will send an email notification to families in the following situations (names will be confidential):
- Your child’s teacher tests positive for Covid-19
- A student in your child’s class has been diagnosed with Covid-19
- Updates to the situation as needed
- Testing Locations
- Free Covid-19 Test at Home
- Yinghua Covid Test Registration Form
- Yinghua Covid Test Student Consent Form
Yinghua Board of Education meetings offer an opportunity for public comment. All meetings are recorded, thus recordings offer a summary of public comment. In addition, comments may be registered with either the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Board Chair at email@example.com.