WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CHILD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID
- The school will follow the CDC’s Isolation Guidelines for any positive Covid cases reported.
- Students will need to isolate at home for 5 days from the onset of symptoms, or 5 days from a positive test result if asymptomatic.
- Students do not need to have a negative antigen test before returning from isolation, as long as symptoms are gone, but they should wear a mask through day 10.
- Alternatively, if families want to test after Covid infection, students may return to school without a mask before 10 days are up if they have had two negative antigen tests at least 24 hours apart.
- Notify the school of a positive Covid result by completing an Absence Report or contacting Ginger Hao directly.
- Siblings and family members no longer need to quarantine after exposure to Covid, but should wear a mask for the next 10 days and should test 5 days after last contact with the positive person (or earlier if symptoms develop).
- Any family that needs a Covid antigen home test may request one from the health office.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A SICK CHILD OR FAMILY MEMBER
- To decide if you or your child should stay home due to possible Covid-19 symptoms, please click here.
- Sick students that do not have Covid can return to school once they are symptom-free for 24 hours or cleared by a medical professional.
- If someone has Covid in your home, they should try to isolate themselves away from the well family members.
- If your child is exposed to Covid, either at home or out in the community, they do not need to quarantine as long as they don’t have any symptoms, but they should wear a mask at school for the next 10 days and test on day 5. If symptoms develop, please keep your child home and test them for Covid.
- Vaccination is highly recommended, but not required, for all staff and students. For more information click here.
Notification of Covid
- The school will send an email notification to families if someone in your child’s class tests positive for Covid-19 and may have exposed other students.
Yinghua Board of Education meetings offer an opportunity for public comment. All meetings are recorded, thus recordings offer a summary of public comment. In addition, comments may be registered with either the Executive Director at email@example.com or Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.