Welcome to the Yinghua Academy Conservatory of Music. We offer private music lessons taught by professional musicians after school at Yinghua Academy. The only thing better than the convenience we offer is the excellence of our staff!
- Registration opens August 23, 2017 (before school starts). Click this link to register: http://bit.ly/2voak8A.
- Registration is for all three terms – once you register, you are scheduled for the school year unless you decide to drop lessons.
- If you register by noon on August 29, we can confirm your lesson day and time by September 1, when Enrichment class registration opens.
- Kindergartners can register in November for lessons starting in Term II.
- Lessons are once a week after school, 30 minutes per lesson.
- Lessons are scheduled in three eight-week terms: Term I (9/18-11/10), Term II (1/8-3/2), and Term III (3/19-5/11).
- Conservatory students perform at a year-end recital and celebration on May 19.
- When you register, your lesson registration carries over through all remaining terms in the current school year unless you contact firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel lessons. If you drop lessons before the end of a term, there is a service charge.
Yinghua Academy Conservatory of Music offers lessons for the following:
- Violin and viola
- Erhu (Chinese traditional folk instrument)
- Guitar and ukulele
- Double bass
- Dizi (Chinese traditional flute)
Families provide the instruments and purchase music books, as requested by the instructor.
- $35 per lesson, including Aftercare before and after lessons. (Aftercare staff escorts students to lessons.)
- Do not submit a payment until you receive an invoice after registration.
- Registration for YACM is ONLINE ONLY. There are no paper forms.
- DO NOT send a payment until you receive an invoice.
- Registrations are processed in the order received, and lesson times are assigned based on the registration date and time. The earliest registrants receive the earliest lesson times.
- We fill lessons from earliest time slots to latest; the earlier the registration is received, the earlier in the day your student will have his or her lesson. Most families want an early lesson time, but keep in mind that you may receive a later time.
- You will receive an email confirming your lesson time as well as an invoice after you register. Fees are due upon receipt of the invoice. See the invoice for payment options or contact email@example.com.
Term I Schedule
- Lessons begin the week of September 18 and run 8 straight weeks. In previous years, we have not held lessons during the week of fall conferences; this year, we will hold lessons on the days school is in session that week — Monday, October 16 and Tuesday, October 17.
- Lessons in Term I end the week of November 6.
- Each student is allowed one make-up lesson per term IF the student is ill OR the family provides 24 hours notice of the absence. Make-up week for Term I is November 13-17.
Make-up lessons: Your student can receive one make-up lesson during each term if he or she is absent and misses a lesson.
Email Libby Pomroy for questions about the music program, registration, scheduling and payments: firstname.lastname@example.org.