Both Hybrid and Distance learners will use these Virtual Classroom links. Click the grade, and then click the date you are looking for.
|Special Education||Newcomer Page|
Returning your iPad
On the first Monday of a student’s return to Monday through Friday in-person learning, K-6 in-person learners must return their school-issued iPads and chargers. They will no longer need this equipment because they will no longer have Virtual Classroom lessons. (Students in grades 7 and 8 will keep their iPads until early June.)
iPad and charger return instructions:
- Locate iPad and charger issued by Yinghua.
- On iPad, if using any Apple IDs, sign out.
- Erase everything on iPad: Settings menu > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings.
- Clean: Use cloth to remove fingerprints, dirt, dust, spots.
- Sanitize: Use disinfecting wipe to sanitize iPad and charger*.
- Label zip-closure or other transparent plastic sack with student’s first name, last name, and homeroom. *If you do not have disinfecting wipes, write “NOT SANITIZED” on a sack.
- Place iPad and charger in the labeled sack.
- Bring labeled sack to school on the date listed below.
- Follow staff and/or teacher instructions to place labeled sack in the iPad return area.
- March 15: K-1st
- March 29: 2nd-4th
- April 5: 5th-6th
Option to purchase: Complete this form (https://forms.gle/C3PWsd2AB1wW1c157) if you are interested in purchasing older generation iPads. Once we receive your payment, Dr. Chu will let you know when they are ready to pick up. This link is also posted on www.yinghuaacademy.org > Current Families > Forms > Purchase a Yinghua iPad.
Attendance during the pandemic
Refer to this document to review the 2020-2021 Term II attendance procedures.
Online and Distance-Learning Etiquette and Behavior Expectations
We ask parents and guardians to review the document “Online Etiquette and Behavior” with their children. This document includes sections on zoom etiquette, Virtual Classroom expectations, student online profiles, and student email accounts.
Chinese Language Arts Resources
English Language Arts Resources
- Accelerated Reader (Renaissance Learning)
- Collins Dictionary
- Lexia Core 5
- Lexia Power Up
- Pearson Realize
- Sadlier Vocabulary Workshop
- Vocabulary Spelling City
- Click for “Show and Tell” Yinghua staff videos
- Click for Yinghua Academy teachers’ office hours
- JAMF Parent App Information
- How to use Zoom in the Windows/Mac computer or iOS/Android app
- How to set up Chinese input/keyboard for Windows PC; Android Phone; iPhone/iPad; and MacBook.
- How to change the display language from Chinese to English in a Mac computer, or in Windows 10.
- Each student must have access to the internet to facilitate distance and hybrid learning. Families enrolled in the following programs will be qualified for a Comcast internet service discount: Medicaid, Housing Assistance, School Lunch or Head Start Program, SNAP, TANF, SSI, LIHEAP, Tribal Assistance, WIC, and VA Pension.
- NWEA for Distance Learners
- School supply lists