HEART SAFE, BODY SAFE.
Educating the “whole child” through play, challenges, adventure, sportsmanship and fitness.
THE LATEST PE NEWS: August/September 2019
- Welcome back students.
PE Reminder: Grade K-4 must wear athletic shoes everyday, not just on PE days.
PE Wish list:
- Used lacrosse sticks. We could use 4-5 more sticks. Keep your eyes open when at the discount stores. You should be able to get them for around $5.
Developing strong bodies and conscious minds. Growth Mindset Learning in PE class. Physical Education Growth Mindset
- Grit: Angela Duckworth
- Mindset: Carol Dweck
- The Growth Mindset Coach: Book by Annie Brock and Heather Hundley
- Learning and Performance (Fitness)
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Social Skills Grade K-5: Try 3
Do you know the benefits of exercise? Here is a list of some of the benefits: improves muscle strength & endurance, makes you happier, gives you more energy, improves your self-image, increases your learning capacity, counters anxiety and depression, improves your ability to fall asleep, increases immune system resistance, helps you cope with stress…
Latest research shows the connection between exercise and learning. “Exercise can improve learning ‘on three levels’: First it optimizes your mind-set to improve alertness, attention, and motivation; second, it prepares and encourages nerve cells to bind to one another, which is the cellular basis for logging in new information; and third, it spurs the development of new nerve cells from stem cell in the hippocampus.“ -John J. Ratey
YINGHUA PE UNITS
YINGHUA PE STANDARDS
YINGHUA PHYSICAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM MAPS
PE TEACHER SCHEDULE
PHYSICAL EDUCATION ACTIVITIES/UNITS
All Physical Education lessons focus not only on the physical benefits but also the emotional, mental and social well-being of our students. For more details on each activity click here WHOLE CHILD PHYSICAL EDUCATION ACTIVITIES
- ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
- BRAIN GROWTH ACTIVITIES
- CIRCUS SKILLS* (*New)
- CHINESE NEW YEAR GAMES
- CROSS COUNTRY SKIING: We rent our skis from the Minnesota Youth Ski League MYSL
- FITNESS: We incorporate fitness into each lesson. There are four fitness zones starting with Active, Healthy, Fitness & Athletic. We would like all of our students to be in the healthy zone or above. Boys Fitness Chart Girls Fitness Chart PACER TESTING Guidelines
- INDIVIDUAL SKILLS/SPORTS Kids Tennis Activity Ideas
- NINJA WARRIOR TRAINING
- PARKOUR/FREE RUNNING (**NEW): Grade 4-8
- POPSICLE RUN: The Popsicle Run is not a race. It is a fun run for everyone. It is about the process not the time.
- RECREATIONAL GAMES
- ROLLER SKATING: We rent roller skates from Skatetime.
- TEAM SPORTS
- TRAVERSE CLIMBING WALL (BOULDERING)
- TUMBLING: Grade K-3
- WHEELS WEEK: Emphasis is placed on try, learn and teach others. WHEELS WEEK DETAILS
2019 Field Day Schedules