Yinghua has being recognized as a Wellness by Design award winner at the GOLD level by Hennepin County, based on the outcome of our Health & Wellness grant implementation! Led by Carl Schlueter, a small team (Karen Calcaterra, De Hanuman, Andy Henderson, Sandy Luger, and Jo Schifsky) has worked cooperatively this year to implement the grant in a variety of ways. Click more to learn about the 12 things they accomplished for Yinghua! Thank you to all who were involved.
- convened a gardening club
- started a window farm
- installed bike racks
- organized spring clean-ups
- raised student awareness of health through posters and activity sheets
- added salad and sandwich options to school lunch
- incorporated the Yoga Calm curriculum into Morning Meeting
- compiled and presented resources on instant recess, classroom energizers and the benefits of physical activity to academics and overall well-being
- purchased jump ropes for gym class and footballs and batons for sports clubs
- started our cafeteria mural
- revised our wellness policy
- created a guideline for classroom snacks
Comments are closed.