Yinghua Academy relies on the support of our parent community to provide the best possible experience for our students. We ask each Yinghua parent to give us 10 hours of time each year. There is a variety of ways to volunteer. Please follow the steps below to start making a difference at your child’s school today!
1. Fill Out the Background Check if You Have Not in the Past 2 Years:
- Download and print the form here: Background Check Form
- Provide a $20 check written out to Yinghua Academy
- Send or drop-off the completed form and check to the front office. Address: 1616 Buchanan Street NE Minneapolis, MN 55413
- *Please note that the school is responsible for the background checks due to privacy concerns, if you have questions regarding your background check please contact Erin Spector at the front office.
2. Sign-Up for Your Preferred Volunteer Activity (this does not mean you are signed up for a specific task, date or time):
- Fill in sign-up sheets after clearing the Background Check to indicate your interest and availability, so we can contact the right volunteers for tasks in the future.
- Sign-up in person at the front office. They are located in the Volunteer Binder by the school’s sign-in sheets.
- Click a link below to sign-up online:
3. Reply to Calls for Volunteers and Sign-Up for Your Preferred Volunteer Activity based on Your Availability or Sign-Up for a Specific Date/Time Slot via Signup Genius here:
If you have any questions please contact, Rachel Collins, the YACA Volunteer Coordinator.
Attention Kindergarten Parents: Abigail Pribbenow at the Kindergarten main office is going to be handling the volunteer needs for the Kindergarten Campus. The temporary nature of the campus has made it difficult for us to get started. If you have already sent in a background check and are interested in being a reader, lunch or recess volunteer at the Kinder Campus please contact her or your Classroom Coordinator. Thank you for your patience!